Friday 3 February 2017

Brand new Joe Nisbet Jr release!

We're excited to announce brand new tracks from the inimitable Mr Niz. Available on Bandcamp right now and the rest of the world next week. Here's some words from the man himself.

"You may (or not) know that musicians can be bitchier than Joan Collins, and I've always relished being opinionated, acerbic, or plain dismissive about people's songwriting. So it is with understandable trepidation that I approach the criticism entailed in the release of my own first foray into original material - which I also arranged, played on and sang. There would appear to be nowhere to hide - I present you with an open goal.

If you don't like it, I can't blame the extraordinary talents and generosity of the brilliant musicians, engineers and biz enablers who have donated enough rope for this auto asphyxiation.

If you don't like it, I will understand entirely and think none the worse of mankind than I already do. I will not cry, I promise I will be in no way upset.

Because most importantly, if you don't like it that means you've listened to it.

And because you've listened to it, let me give you a little background on the tunes -

ALL THE RIGHT REASONS is not about drinking, it is about stopping on a hillside and looking around to see where you actually are. Often a very different place than you thought.

JUDGE NOT is about recognising mistakes. There's a universal theme for you.

TOO BLUE is about feeling so bad that you don't even want to play the guitar in the pub.

HONEY YOU LIE is just a jaunty little pop song. About Westminster. Maybe."

Facebook